Finger Lakes Community Action representatives will be at OPL to assist with preparation of personal 2022 IRS and NYS income taxes, weekly through April 1, 2023, Wednesdays from 1:00 to 3:00pm. After meeting to discuss and drop off your documents, all documents are securely stored and/or transferred for off-site preparation. Drop-off is during the posted times.
Look over this information to arrive prepared to submit your documents for filing help with serving staff or volunteers.
Bring with you to your DROP-OFF:
- Copy of your 2020 & 2021 tax returns
- Proof of Identity for all individuals on the tax returns (Driver’s License or other government issued photo ID)
- All forms, W-2, 1098, 1099, and 1095A, 1099-G (unemployment) & 1099-SSA (Social Security)
- Information for other income
- Identification number for child care provider
- Information for deductions/credits
- Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (e.g.voided check)
- Social Security Card and/or ITIN notices/cards for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Documentation for Economic Impact Payment (EIP) also known as Stimulaus Money
- PROOF/Documentation REQUIRED IF:
- You have children, and receive Advanced Child Tax Credit; Letter 6419
- Received Education credits 1098-T Tuition Statement
- Paid student Loan Interest
- Made Charitable Donations
- Paid Property Tax
All in-take staff and preparers are affiliated with Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE),
Service is made available with grant funding and delivered through collaborative efforts of Finger Lakes Community Action, TCE, its volunteers and staff as well as staff of the Ontario Public Library.