Grow your mind, read across the library, collect rewards
Ready to flex your reading muscles? Looking to stay on top of a New Year’s resolution? The Ontario Public Library is hosting a year-long, monthly reading challenge for adult of all ages. Read the guidelines below, then check out current and past month’s themes.
Jump in at any point – even if you fall behind or start later in the year, you can always catch up on months you’ve missed!
Read across the library
- Each month, read a book that follows the selected theme. If you’re stuck, check out the suggestion list, or see Erin for some ideas.
- Feel free to read a book that is not one of the titles suggested on the list. We want you to explore something new, and maybe discover something you didn’t know you’d love along the way!
- Titles can be fiction or nonfiction. Audiobooks and e-books count, too!
- Each month that you read a book within the designated theme, you may collect a stamp and submit a response slip to be entered for a chance to win a monthly prize. Winners will be announced the first week of the following month.
- If you miss a month, or get started later in the year, you can still collect that month’s stamp! Just read a book within a past theme during any other month and submit another response slip.
Want a chance at the grand prize?
- Readers who collect 8 or more stamps will be entered into our grand prize drawing! All stamps must be collected by closing time on Monday, December 20, 2022.
- January – Easy reads (books under 300 pages)
- February – Black authors
- March – Armchair travel
- April – Page to screen (books adapted to movies or TV)
- May – AAPI-Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage
- June – Rainbow Reads (books with Colorful Covers)
- July – Oceans of Possibilities
- August – People with Disabilities
- September – Banned Books
- October – Latinx Authors-National Hispanic Heritage Month
- November – True(r) Stories
- December – New Friends
Questions? Contact the Ontario Public Library at 315-524-8381