Grow your mind, read across the library, collect rewards
Ready to flex your reading muscles? Looking to stay on top of a New Year’s resolution? The Ontario Public Library is hosting a year-long, monthly reading challenge for adult of all ages. Read the guidelines below, then check out current and past month’s themes.
Jump in at any point – even if you fall behind or start later in the year, you can always catch up on months you’ve missed!
Read across the library
- Each month, read a book that follows the selected theme. If you’re stuck, check out the suggestion list, or see Erin for some ideas.
- Feel free to read a book that is not one of the titles suggested on the list. We want you to explore something new, and maybe discover something you didn’t know you’d love along the way!
- Titles can be fiction or nonfiction. Audiobooks and e-books count, too!
- Each month that you read a book within the designated theme, you may collect a stamp and a monthly reward. One monthly reward per reader, while supplies last.
- If you miss a month, or get started later in the year, you can still collect that month’s stamp! Just read a book within that theme during any other month.
Want a chance at the grand prize?
- Readers who collect 8 or more stamps will be entered into our grand prize drawing! All stamps must be collected by closing time on Monday, December 20, 2022.
- January – Easy reads (books under 300 pages)
- February – Black authors
- March – Armchair travel
Questions? Contact Adult Program Coordinator, Erin Carberry.