Adult Programming Library Clerk: Part-time
Position reports to the Library Director.
Ontario Public Library is accepting applications for our part-time Adult Programming Clerk to plan and manage programs for adult library members and guests. Until further notice programs will be held virtually, but the position includes in-person programming to begin when Covid-19 pandemic data is determined to be low enough to safely resume in library programs. This 17 hours-per-week position may involve morning, afternoon and evening hours and requires working rotating Saturdays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. General (apply to all staff)
- Understand, support and implement library policies, objectives and procedures.
- Project a positive image of the library, with a focus on providing good service.
- Work smoothly and cooperatively with the public and staff using courtesy, tact and good communication.
B. Specific Responsibilities
- Develop and implement programs, both in-person and virtual, for adults including:
- Create partnerships and programs with community organizations and area businesses
- Coordinated efforts for families and intergeneration activities
- Create displays, use posters and decorations in the children’s and young adult areas to foster a welcoming atmosphere and promote reading.
- Create and distribute promotional materials for programs.
- Work at the circulation desk.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full description here
Graduation from High School or possession of a High School Equivalency Diploma. College experience or professional certification preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Pay is $13.00 per hour. Benefits include vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays. Enrollment in NYS Retirement Plan available.
Application instructions: Those interested in this position should send a completed application and resume to the Library Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. For U.S. Mail, or in person delivery, the address is on the application.
Application here. Deadline: May 7th