On August 3, OPL will welcome a limited number of patrons inside the library for several services.
Our goal has always been to provide great service to you and your neighbors in a safe and healthy environment for you our staff. The safety requirements during the COVID pandemic are updated frequently, which means — we are required to adapt our plans too.
- Patrons should stay home if they are sick or have had contact with someone who is sick.
- Face masks and social distancing in the building are required. We thank you for your understanding.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- If you cannot tolerate wearing one, please call 315-524-8381 so other accommodations can be made.
- Contact tracing for patrons will be available at the Welcome table.
- Equipment will be regularly cleaned and disinfected by library staff regularly.
What can I expect when visiting the library?
For the safety of our staff and community health all library materials must continued to be returned through the exterior bookdrop. Please return all materials through the bookdrop before entering the building.
Library capacity will be limited. Please enter through the door on right side of the main library door, wear a mask, and maintain a safe distance from others. Staff will greet you at the Welcome Table. We ask that all patrons be considerate of others who may be waiting for entry by being as efficient as possible when in the building.
All seating has been removed or made unusable. The Kids Room and Community Room remained closed. Open browsing and selecting materials is not yet available. We hope to offer inside browsing soon.
- A limited number of public computers will be available by appointment only. Please call 315-524-8381 to schedule a 45 minute time slot. WiFi is available, too. To comply with occupancy limits, WiFi use will be scheduled as public computer use.
- A dedicated computer for Census 2020 is also available. No appointment is necessary for this service.
- Pick up Holds at the Front Desk. Materials requested and available for you should be picked up at the Front Desk. After requesting to borrow OPL items through OWWL, by phone, or email, you will be notified by email when your hold is available for pick up at the Library Front Desk.
- Parking Lot Pickup will continue by request only. Call us to schedule your pickup day and time.
- Fax, color and gray scale photocopy, and printing services are available. We accept cash for these services. We do not accept credit or debit cards at this time.
What are the library hours?
Our new temporary hours are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10:00am-5:00pm
- Tuesday-Thursday: 10:00am-6:00pm
Why can’t I request items from other libraries?
Delivery between libraries is currently suspended. You may only request available items from your pickup library at this time.
Returning items to the library?
Outside book drop is open 24/7. We are taking precautions to ensure that our collections are safe to be handled by members of the public and our staff. Please continue to use the outdoor book drop at this time.
Note: Because returned items are placed in quarantine for 72 hours, it will take a few days for items to come off your library account. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time. No late fees will be charged.
What’s coming up next? Browsing the stacks, of course! Soon.