SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS OF OPERATIONS
The Library is closed these days and dates:
- The Library is closed on all Sundays.
- December 31, 2021 Friday, New Year’s Day 2022 Observed
- January 17, Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- March 2, Wednesday, Staff Training Day (1)
- April 16, Saturday, Easter Saturday
- May 28, Saturday, Memorial Day Weekend
- May 30, Monday, Memorial Day
- Summer Saturdays
- June 25
- July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- August 6, 13, 20, 27
- September 3
- July 4, Monday, Independence Holiday Observed
- September 5, Monday, Labor Day
- October 10, Monday, Columbus Day
- November 11, Friday, Veterans Day
- November 23, Wednesday, Close @ 3:00p ,
- November 24, Thursday, Thanksgiving
- November 25, Friday , Day after Thanksgiving
- December 23, Friday , Christmas Eve Holiday
- December 26, Monday, Christmas Day Observed
(1) Closing for Staff: In-House Development and Training
The Board will close the Library one regular business day each year for staff training. The date will be determine in November by the Trustees when the annual calendar is set. The Library Director will plan the events of the day and report results to the Trustees at the subsequent Board Meeting. The 2022 Staff Training Date is Wednesday, March 2.
Other Closings and Cancelations
Weather Related Closing of the Library
Several factors determine when the library will be closed due to weather.
- The Library is automatically closed for weather when the Town Hall is closed during business hours.
- Other factors are considered in conjunction with the Trustees, and following the close of Town business hours and on Saturdays.
- In all cases the public is notified of early or full-day closings, and delayed openings, through area media (13WHAM-ABC) and also posted on our web-site.
Weather Related Cancellation of Library Programs and Events
- In the interest of safety of our employees and community members all library programs are cancelled when Wayne Central School District cancels schools or after-school activities due to inclement weather. Cancellations will be publicized through area media (13WHAM-ABC) and also posted on our library web-site.
No materials are due on days the library closes for weather.