How to get a library card
- Registering for full membership should be done in person, with these considerations for the OWWL Self-Registration Form:
- Individuals who are disabled and unable to come to the Library , and
- Individuals registering for digital resources only library cards
- The self-registration form should be used only by individuals who has never had an OWWL card.
Upon application for a library card, the OPL Staff will verify that the applicant does not already have a card within the OWWL system.
- If the the applicant is found to have a pre-existing OWWL account, the applicant must update the information on the account, take care of any outstanding fees. There may be a $1.00 card replacement fee for a new card.
In-person Membership Information
Applicants must supply photo identification [Circulation Pol. 4020 App. 1 Identification], and complete and sign the Library’s registration form. Exceptions can be through the Special Card Library Holder Program at OPL [Section 1.3 of Circulation Policy 4020].
Library card are issues for three years unless otherwise noted and can be renewed upon verification of address and other contact information.
Books by Mail
Learn all about books being delivered by U.S. Post for our friends and neighbors, our residents, who is unable to access an OWWL Library due to disability, long-term or chronic illness, lack of transportation, or other difficulty. Click here
Bookdrop (After Hours Drop Off)
You may return materials at the bookdrop even when the library is closed. The bookdrop is located near the southwest entrance to the building. Materials returned in the bookdrop do not collect fines for days the library is closed.
OPL is Fine Free
See Fine Free: Frequently Asked Questions
Download Fine Free FAQs