The Friends of the Ontario Public Library is a 501(c)3 non-profit community organization dedicated to the support and promotion of OPL, its programs, materials and services. Its purpose is to:
- stimulate use of the library’s resources and services through funding and voluntary participation
- support and cooperate in developing library services and facilities for the community
- support the freedom to read and view as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights.
The Friends group can be reached via email at: email@example.com
Membership is open to all. Annual membership runs from January through December. Memberships are available at these rates:
- $10.00 Individuals; $25.00 Families
- $25.00 Patron
- $100.00 Century
What Friends do
Volunteering with us as a member Friend is a fine opportunity to meet fellow community residents while helping the Library meet its’ goals. Friends’ activities include:
- Fundraising with books sales, and more.
- Funding special interests of the library.
- Sponsorship of special programming for children and/or adults.
- Aiding the library director and staff as needed.
Friends volunteer services include organizing collected books for the continuous in-library book sale, as well as future book sales. We plan fundraising events and work to set up, and take down these events, too. Friends are encouraged to share their ideas in promoting and conducting fundraising events. Friends help contact professionals for special events, contacting prospective performers, authors, etc. Volunteers serve as Executive Officers and on ad hoc committees, too.
All Friends are invited to the Early Bird Private Sale held the evening before our Fundraising Book Sales.
2023 Executive Officers
- Vacant, President
- Nancy Obaid, Vice-President
- Noelle Obaid, Secretary
- Ruth Schutt, Treasurer